Since I live alone, I have a tendency to speak my thoughts aloud so I’m not in my head all the time. Packing to go anywhere is a particularly chatty time, mostly because I hate packing and I’m terrible at it, seeing as it requires having an attention span that lasts longer than 45 seconds. This weekend I’m heading down to Virginia to pretend that I’m 19 again with some of my favorite people in the world – so while I’m basking in the glory of re-making the same mistakes I did for four years down south, please enjoy a brief preview of how difficult it was for me to get there:
- Alright, time to pack. Step one: do I have my passport and debit card?
- Check. Wait do I have a place to store those?
- Note to self: get new wallet.
- ADDITIONAL NOTE TO SELF: DO NOT LOSE WALLET.
- Maybe I should get a new purse too..
- Oooo there’s a sale on Free People right now!
- That dress is cute.
- What was I doing?
- Oh right, packing. Okay: leaving for four days. So I’ll need at least three pairs of yoga leggings.
- I wonder how many mats I should bring…
- I can’t wait to do yoga on the green!
- I’m going to do some yoga right now.
- What was I doing before this?
- CRAP okay now I really need to pack.
- So the class dinner is “Dressy Casual.” What the F does that mean.
- Is that like jeans and a shirt or a sundress?
- Good lord it’s going to be 90 degrees there. I should just wear a bathing suit.
- UGH okay Dressy Casual. Maybe a romper?
- I love rompers.
- I wonder if that Free People sale has any rompers.
- Oh they have new yoga gear!
- Ugh I’m never going to finish packing.
- ALRIGHT. two options for dressy casual, two sundresses for during the day, yoga clothes and sleeping gear are packed.
- Now I need to think about shoes.
- Sandals definitely. Maybe heels? I’ll only need one pair.
- Oh wait I love these shoes they have to come.
- AH and sneakers too just in case I go for a run.
- Eh who am I kidding that’s not going to happen.
- I should probably bring the sneakers anyway.
- And loafers.
- OH and my new boots!
- How do I have six pairs of shoes for four days.
- Being a girl is terrible.
- OKAY. Clothes, accessories, shoes, and toiletries are packed.
- What am I forgetting.
- I’m definitely forgetting something.
- DO I HAVE MY DEBIT CARD AND PASSPORT.
- Phewf yes.
- Don’t lose those.
- Seriously LB don’t lose those.
- Holy shit I’m about to go back to college.
- This. Is. Awesome.
See you next week kids!